Monday, December 9, 2013

Tampa FAM Weekend






Finals week has been killing the both of us. While cramming for multiple straight days of exams, A & I have been itching to get out of the house & have some fun.

But thankfully, the Skatepark of Tampa schedules their annual Tampa Am contest right around the same time as USF's finals week. We happily took the opportunity to call up our friends on Friday night, drop our responsibilities & head out to the Tampa premiere of Nike SB's new video, SB Chronicles Vol. 2 at the beautiful Tampa Theatre downtown. After slaving through a long semester, it was so fun to get silly with our Tampa family. 

I mean, look at that crew though. I'll take you from left to right. Steve Berens, Joanna Ritter, Toni Wieber, Andrea Landsdale, J & A, Josh Garno, David Kirk, Jack Ferreira, Hannah Milden, & BJ Townley. And what a handsome bunch at that.

The premiere kicked off one of the best nights of our lives. Aside from the video being insane, we all had fun stargazing at semi-famous skateboarders (especially Jack Ferreira) screaming out at the top of our lungs, & convincing almost-too-cool photographers to take a massive family photo of us. Plus, Kenny Anderson found a cozy seat directly in front of A during the video (sup Kenny!!!!).

Naturally, nearly two rows full of hyped college kids only meant the night was destined to continue. We all reconvened on campus for one of the deepest-crew late-night skate sessions in USF history. I mean, there were at least 11 of us terrorizing campus at 2 a.m. 

I'm obligated to mention that at one point, we cruised past the library to find four campus police officers trying to wake a sleeping, shirtless man, "Todd", from a deep snooze on a bench outside. Homeboy would not move. They had to carry the dude out to an ambulance & everything. Somebody was partying a little too hard during finals week! Hope you're good, Dead Todd!

Thank god Aisha came through, because we captured most of the night for my homie video I'm putting together. But of course, I'm too excited & we decided to share footage from the night below.

I'm so thankful for everyone in that first picture. Not only do I have the love of my life by my side, but I'm surrounded by some of my favorite people in the entire world. Thanks everybody for coming out & hanging, last Friday was a night I'll remember when I'm way too old to skate anymore.


Love you all,
J


No comments:

Post a Comment