Sunday, June 22, 2014

Gurlz Night Out

































So, let me just preface this post by saying that I am the first person to completely avoid Times Square all together. It's touristy, obnoxious, loud & messy, which is also the textbook definition of a group of drunk girls in NYC.

After an extremely busy week, a girls night was in order. It's honestly been like pulling teeth trying to get me to go anywhere lately. I'm so tired at the end of the day that all I want to do is slip into my leggings & curl up with my boyfriend, Netflix. Saturday finally won this week, though. I rounded up some of my girlfriends, Lauren, Emily & the incomparable Calzone aka Kali. We all had kind of a late start, but we met up & headed to The High Line in Chelsea. It was gorgeous but PACKED. I started to feel like we were in a single file line for a Disney ride that we were never actually going to get to ride. I cured my woes with a Apple Jasmine popsicle from People's Pops.

When we finally figured out how to get off The High Line, we started walking around trying to find a little place to eat. This can be tricky when you're living on a budget but still want to look like a cool-as-fuck New Yorker. Our question of the night quickly became, "Where can you get a lot of food for a little money?" We finally settled on a little place on the Lower West Side called Riviera Cafe. It wasn't necessarily the most glam place in the world but it had good food, wine, sangria & $4 margaritas. We somehow ended up there for, like, a good three hours. 

We moved on to a random little bar to get some kamikaze shots. I do not like liquor, I repeat, DO NOT LIKE LIQUOR. I usually avoid shots at all cost, but my mom taught me what a kamikaze shot is & I haven't looked back. It's my go-to-shot forever because it's the only one that I can even remotely stomach. So, I convinced everyone to get them & they were a hit. Thanks, mom.

Two shots deep each & suddenly we were headed to the one place that I loathe: Times Square. You can see it from miles away & once you're in the thick of it, it actually looks like it's suddenly the middle of the day because of the glow from the thousands of screens. Also, everything is open. Have you ever needed something from Forever 21 in the middle of the night? 'Cause this is your place. 

What stupidly drunken night is complete without McDonald's? We all grabbed some burgers & fries and sat on the red steps in the middle of Times Square. We laughed at everything, stared wide-eyed at the the sparkly things around us & Kali literally made the prettiest faces the entire time (as per usual).

In my drunken stupor, I was absolutely enamored by the entire thing. You can just feel the energy & everyone is so excited to be there. It's contagious. So contagious that we felt compelled to have a Spice Girls moment. #GIRLPOWER, baby. 

Here's to good friends, junk food & strong kamikazes.

Love,
A


No comments:

Post a Comment