Sunday, September 23, 2012

Face Time

As much as I wish that I was one of those girls who felt empowered by just getting up, throwing on some clothes and walking out the door...I'm just not. Perhaps this could be because I look like an actual zombie without makeup on but let's just say its because I really enjoy the process of getting ready.

I'm quite simple when it comes to the whole makeup process and I am a firm believer in "Less is more". I can count on two hands how many products I use in the morning and I like it that way. These are 8 of my current absolute favorite products that I use on a daily basis:

 1) I absolutely swear by this first product. Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer ($8.99 at most drugstores)is wonderful because not only is it light but it also acts as a sunscreen and provides great protection from harsh rays, a necessity here in Florida. I use it every morning before I apply my makeup and I also put it on every night before I go to sleep.

 2) Next I apply a light layer of MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation ($27 at MAC Cosmetics) in NC30. This foundation is the first one I have used that did not make my skin disgustingly oily. It provides great coverage and is long lasting which comes in handy when I'm sweating my ass off while I'm trekking across campus.

3) After my foundation, I swipe on some MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation ($27 at MAC Cosmetics) in NC30 as well. The powder works very well with the liquid foundation and gives me the extra coverage that I need.  This product also works really well on its own if I don't want to apply the liquid foundation. It's great at evening out my complexion and hiding sun spots.

4)I use this next product sparingly but it is essential if I want a nice summer glow. MAC Iridescent Loose Powder ($24 at MAC Cosmetics) in Golden Bronze is a very strong product and lasts forever because if you use more than a tiny bit you end up looking at least 10 shades darker than Snooki from The Jersey Shore. However, if you use the right amount it gives you a healthy glow and helps me from looking like the albino that I am.

5) Blush is absolutely essential for me everyday and the MAC Powder Blush ($20 at MAC Cosmetics)in Sweet as Cocoa is my favorite. The color lasts all day and it is great for contouring. 

6) I am a fiend when it comes to any kind of lip balm. eos Lip Balm ($3.29 at most drugstores) is by far my favorite. Not only is the packaging super cool and will have people asking you "What the hell is that?" but it is a USDA Certified Organic product. This means that it is gluten-free, paraben-free, petrolatum-free, and phlalate-free. My favorite of their 6 varieties are Sweet Mint & Summer Fruit.

7) Unfortunately, I am not very creative with my eye makeup routine and usually I just stick with a classic winged eye that I create with Almay's Liquid Eyeliner ($7.99 at most drugstores) in either Black or Brown. This liner is super easy to control and does not smudge easily, but its also not difficult to remove at the end of the day. When removing my eye makeup I usually use Almay's Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads ($7.99 at most drugstores) because it takes everything off quickly and easily.

8) Lastly, I usually coat my lashes with Covergirl's Lash Blast Mascara ($7.79 at most drugstores) in Very Black. It makes my lashes look super long and I always get compliments on them. I highly recommend this product because even though it is cheap, the quality is definitely there.

Anyways, "Less is more" quickly turned into "Less seems like a lot more than less". This is what I do in the morning when I'm trying to look presentable to the rest of the world. If you have any questions on a certain product, feel free to leave a comment.


~Aisha~


No comments:

Post a Comment