Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Who's Your GIRL?



I'm going to start this post rather abruptly by saying that if you haven't watched HBO's GIRLS, you are doing something wrong with your life.

First aired in April of this year, GIRLS was created, written, and directed by 26 year old Lena Dunham. Dunham is said to be "the voice of our generation" and I'd have to agree because every thing that this girl creates is pure gold. In case you didn't recognize Lena's name, maybe you might recognize the name Judd Apatow. Apatow produces the show and works closely with Lena on each episode.

 The show takes place in New York and is often compared to Sex & the City but slightly toned down and much more realistic. The show follows Hannah Horvath, Marnie Michaels, Jessa Johansson & Shoshanna Shapiro through the ups and downs of love, the city, and the rapidly approaching realization that adulthood is upon them.

While I was perusing the Intenet (avoiding homework), I found paper dolls inspired by each of the girls, which in turn inspired me to pull together some character inspired outfits from my point of view.

Paper dolls created by Vulture
 




Personally, I relate stylistically with Hannah & Jessa. I love how Hannah incorporates tights, florals, and cardigans into her outfits. Jessa is the edgiest of the four and I really admire that about her. She also rocks the hell out of that British swag* she has going for her.

GIRLS  will be back for their second season in January 2013. If you need to catch up on the first season, you can find the episodes on the HBO On Demand.


      Aisha xx

*I deeply regret using the word 'swag' on my blog but a better word never came to mind.  

So, which GIRL are you?



11 comments:

  1. I will have to check this out! Haven't heard about it so thanks :)


    Emm

    Visit my blog SPIN DIZZY FALL
    http://spindizzyfall.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely do, it's an amazing show. You have a lovely blog, definitely followed you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, you are definitely for sure a Jessa, maybe with a hint of Marnie's sensible attitude when you need to be responsible. We need to have a GIRLS marathon one weekend, you'd love it. xx

      Delete
  4. ohh just love the game... I´ve been playing it my whole childhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear! I just discovered your blog, its great!
    And I was thinking, maybe you can check mine too and we can follow each other?
    xoxo

    pearlinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore!! And love these entire looks! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm Hannah if I have to pick! :) Adorable post!

    Emily

    http://emilyknurr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!

    (giveaway iphone cover)

    Kiss,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete