Saturday, September 29, 2012

Role Models



5. Jordana Bevan // Yasmin Paige // Submarine // 2010


   Whenever I used to wear this red coat, I would feel very 'Jordana'. I love everything about her character in Submarine. She is so multidimensional and I can't help but relate to her. Sarcasm radiates from her core, and she just wants to be loved like everyone else. Also, basically no one in the world can rock the mushroom bob quite like she can.

4. Vickie Miner // Janeane Garofalo // Reality Bites // 1994 


 
   When my hair was a bit longer, I constantly felt like I was channeling Vickie from Reality Bites. Sometimes I can totally agree with her 'Fuck you' attitude, and I still wish I could have bought a pair of jeans from her at the GAP. I honestly recommend these baby bangs to anyone who is looking to change their current cut. They are surprisingly easy to pull off, but they do require quite a lot of upkeep.


3. Andie Walsh // Molly Ringwald // Pretty In Pink // 1986

 

   I mean, just take a good look at that amazing Peter Pan collar and her messy, cropped hair and you'll know why Andie Walsh made #3 on the list. Pretty in Pink is absolutely spectacular and although I think that Andie should have been with Duckie right off the bat, I understand the allure of Blane. Andie is the girl next door with a quirky edge, and I just love that about her.

2. Josie Geller // Drew Barrymore // Never Been Kissed // 1999


  I've said this before, and I will say it again: I have a super massive girl crush on Drew Barrymore. I can't quite pin point what it is that makes me love her so much, but I do. There's something so endearing about her character, Josie, in Never Been Kissed. She is brilliant, but cripplingly awkward. Nevertheless, if I had the chance to go back and experience high school again, I probably wouldn't have come out of it with Michael Vartan. Say it with me girls, "I'm not Josie Grossie anymore."

1. Mary Katherine Gallagher // Molly Shannon // Superstar // 1999

  
   Mary Katherine Gallagher is what I call, "my spirit animal". Although my Catholic school girl uniform wasn't as amazing as hers, I still relate to MKG and Superstar on an embarrassing amount of levels. She & I are both dreamers who are sometimes oblivious to social conventions. I'll forever try to mirror her quick wit and snappy comebacks, but will always stay clear of making out with trees (at least when nuns are around).


Aisha xx


Who are your fictional role models?




1 comment:

  1. my role models are definitely jordana and ramona flowers from scott pilgrim vs. the world- everytime i see them i want to cut my hair again- same with Summer from (500) days of Summer- i think i just look up to the manic pixie dream girl type :-)

    ReplyDelete