Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Lust List































Call me old-fashioned or boring, but for me, summer is all about floral prints & bright accent colors. Living in Florida, it has been hammered into my head since I was 5 that black absorbs heat & it's not really an appropriate summer color, but I will always have a love affair with black & I've never been one to follow the rules anyways.

Here's a brief list of some items that I have been obsessed with this summer:

1) This daisy print cut-out TopShop dress ($92) is absolutely to die for. I might be a little biased towards the situation because I've seen it on Alexa Chung & Miranda Kerr, but I would kill to have this gorgeous little frock hanging in my closet. I would probably pair it with a worn in pair of boots or a pair of red flats.

2) When I really want something, I tend to get a little obsessive about it & that is exactly how I've become with these amazing Tom Ford 'Nikita' cat eye sunnies. Every time that J & I are at the mall, I always make him come into the shop so that I can try them on over & over again. My problem is that they are a whopping $360 & that just isn't doable for a college girl like myself, but at least I can still dream about them... 

3) Leandra Medine of The Man Repeller is an everyday inspiration for my personal style & when I spotted this gorgeous Dannijo Helena rosary ($445) in one of her Instagram selfies, I immediately fell head over heels for it. I love chunky, floral inspired jewelry & this piece reminded me of some necklaces that I own from J. Crew. These pieces are brilliant because they make a simple outfit effortlessly classy.

4) Whenever I walk into Urban Outfitters, I have to talk myself out of wanting to buy all of the Kimchi Blue bags that they have in stock. I'm obsessed with their bags because they are well-made for how reasonably priced they are. I adore this specific cross-body satchel ($34) because of its gorgeous gold heart accents & the black (p)leather of course.

5) Last, but certainly not least, J has been trying to get me into sneakers & I know he would adore these sweet kicks just as much as I do. As a die-hard sandals girl, sneakers are an uncharted territory for me. Socks make my feet kind of hot & my toes feel slightly claustrophobic under all of that canvas, but sometimes you just have to give new things a try. I'm crazy about these daisy print Vans because they are mainly black with the addition of my favorite summery print on top. They would look super cute paired with a little sundress & a topknot. And at $55, they fit right into my college girl budget. I just might have to give these a try...& I swear not only because they are the only remotely affordable thing on this list...

What are some pieces that you have been lusting over this season?

Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment