Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Looking Forward







The past couple of weeks have been so hectic for J & I. We took our film final last week (J got a 101 & I got a 96, he literally always beats me)& we were itching to have a little downtime before classes start up again in the fall. I turned 21 this past Monday  which was fun but unsettling at the same time because suddenly I have no interest in growing up anymore & it frightens me how quickly time is passing me by. It was really nice to get together with my family & reminisce on old times. My mom was feeling nostalgic & bought me a gorgeous, hand-painted bottle of Perrier-Jouet  because she & my father drank it when I was born. She also bought me the loveliest cake from my favorite cake shop in Tampa, Cakes Plus. Their house specialty cake is absolutely decadent.

I'm only two days in & my 21st year is already shaping up to be the best one yet. I found out that I was accepted to participate in CollegeFashionista's fall internship, which is exciting because I'll be writing about what I love & building my resume at the same time ( J hates when I talk about resume-building). My mom, dad, Jake & I are leaving bright & early tomorrow morning & heading to New York City for the rest of the week. I am so looking forward to traipsing around the city, eating a bunch of delicious food, shopping my little heart out & exploring with my favorite people. J & I totally have a case of the wanderlust bug & we take advantage of any opportunity to travel & explore together. 

One of our favorite things to do together is to go to shows to see bands that we love. We have so many shows planned coming up in the next couple of months. We're seeing Joyce Manor & Glocca Morra in Brooklyn while we're in New York, which is going to be amazing because J & I saw JM together in Orlando earlier this year. We're also going to see The Backstreet Boys later this month (holy childhood dreams come true) & Depeche Mode in September. About a week ago, Jake was feeling all depressed because the Palma Violets // Skaters show that he was looking forward to was cancelled & while he was double checking the venues schedule he casually saw that our favorite band as a couple, The Vaccines, is coming to Orlando at The Social on September FRIDAY THE 13th. The both of us just looked at each other, screamed & immediately ordered tickets. I know it sounds obsessive, but this will be the third time that we have seen them this year, in a third different state. Yeah, okay it's safe to say that we might have a problem...

Today J & I got ourselves mentally prepared for the trip by running some last minute errands & popping into a little hot dog shop around the corner that we have been wanting to try, Twinz Big City Hot Dogs. In classic Aisha style, I managed to get more of the hot dog on myself than I did in my actual mouth & the garlic parmesan fries were absolutely to die for. I can't wait to eat a real New York style hot dog in the city on the steps of the MET. Keep your eyes & ears peeled for a fully-loaded New York trip post when we get home.


Love,
A


Jake // Shirt: Friends United Network // Pants: H&M // Bracelets: J. Crew & Pulsera Project // Shoes: Vans // Sunnies: Ray Ban
Aisha // Tank: PacSun // Skirt: Target // Shoes: Ecote x Urban Outfitters // Sunnies: H&M // Necklace: Helen Latimer // 
Bag: Deena & Ozzy // Watch: Nordstrom

1 comment:

  1. I love the color of that wall - and his shirt is awesome! I hope the rest of 21 is as awesome as the first few days :)

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete