Sunday, July 13, 2014

That One Time I Randomly Went To Chicago




This time last week, I was in Chicago. It was honestly one of the best weekends that I've had in a while & I barely have any photographic evidence. I think that it's important to leave the camera at home & just focus on living sometimes. We're all so consumed by technology that there's an underlying fear that if we don't document whatever we're doing, it didn't really happen.

That weekend was just what I needed though. I've gotten into such a routine in New York. Sometimes you just need to do something out of the ordinary. Do you know how random my plan was? I was invited to Chicago so I just said yes & booked a ticket & showed up. That's it. As much as I want to pretend that this is a common occurrence in my life, it's not. I can be really hesitant and tend to over think everything because I'm a natural planner with a side of pessimist. But this time I didn't think too much, I just did it. 

To be honest, it was hard to want to take my camera out with me because Mario kept calling me Peter Parker from "Spider-Man". But while we were out on a walk, I managed to snap some shots of my favorite buildings & houses. I couldn't stop saying how cute everything was because it was so different from New York. The street that we were shopping on reminded me of Main Street at Disney & everything had such a vintage feel.

Even though I'm still bitter that we didn't make it to the bean, I got to do a lot of stuff. I finally ate deep dish pizza, got Mario to go into an Urban Outfitters AND buy something, took the train to Elmhurst, went with the Orwells to Milwaukee for Summerfest, watched the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", rode bikes to a liquor store and a lot of other random stuff. 

Next time life throws random adventures at you, do it. I'm glad that I did.


Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment