Saturday, August 16, 2014

N is for Nest










Finding a place that isn't the size of a shoebox in New York can be difficult & finding one that you actually like while on a budget is nearly impossible. Since my decision to stay kind of materialized at the end of the summer, I basically had a week to find something. So it was some kind of amazing miracle that I stumbled upon this little Brooklyn gem because I'm head over heels in love with it.

While I was back in Tampa, I gathered some of my favorite records, books & movies to help make my new nest a little bit nestier. It's crazy how much these simple things helped turn this new place into a home for me. Some of my newest additions are an amazing Tahla quilt from Anthropologie, Crosley record player & sweet little flags from Austen of Keep Calm and Chiffon. And my room wouldn't be complete without art from the incomparable, Gabbie Amontree. Eventually, I'd like to get some vintage pieces in here & more art on the walls but for now, it's perfect

It's been such a whirlwind couple of weeks & now that I'm finally settled, the pressure is on to find my dream job. In between editing my resume, I've been popping out of the apartment to explore Brooklyn a little bit. I learned that there's a Target here...it's in a mall & easily the most hectic place I've ever been to in my life. But I love the architecture, all of the trees & the weather has been absolutely spectacular. 

Here's to new nests.

Love,
A

 

1 comment:

  1. What color paint did you use on your wall with this quilt?

    ReplyDelete